Langley Hospice Society
Communications & Fund Development Coordinator
Full time: 37.5 hours weekly
Langley Hospice Society, a community-based, non-profit organization, provides compassionate support to help people live with dignity and hope while coping with grief and the end of life.
Langley Hospice is entering a period of expanded vision and planned growth. The Communications & Fund Development Coordinator, working with the Executive Director, will play an integral role in this phase of Langley Hospice Society's evolution.
Duties and Responsibilities (Including but not limited to)
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with community partner agencies, local media, corporate sponsors, elected officials and donors
- Maintains and strengthens relationships with existing donors by developing a donor recognition program
- Researches, writes and submits grant applications/proposals
- Makes presentations and solicits financial support from local clubs, service groups, corporations, foundations, etc.
- Develops a marketing plan for the Hospice Thrift Store to increase visibility in the community leading to increased donations and sales
- Oversees the development and implementation of an annual major fundraising event
- Assists with the development of communication and marketing materials including brochures, newsletters, annual general report, etc.
Skills and Abilities
- A relevant professional degree and/or comparable combination of education and experience
- Five years' experience in communications, public relations and/or fund development, preferably with a non-profit organization
- Must maintain a valid BC Driver's License and access to a vehicle
- Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Comfortable working with traditional as well as social media
- Effective public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong sense of drive, ambition and ability to take the initiative
- Must be flexible as some evening and week-end work is required
- Understanding of hospice palliative care an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) essential
No phone calls please - forward resume by fax to 604-530-8851 or by e-mail at email@example.com. While all applications are appreciated only those short-listed will be contacted.
Job Contact Information
Sandra Castle, Executive Director
Langley Hospice Society